Saturday, December 26, 2009

Some people get the image of Jesus, I get Ed Asner...

I have a classic love/hate relationship with city snowplow drivers. I truly love how they make my life a whole lot better but frankly, I have been known to moan about their timing.

Anyone who lives in a high snow area knows exactly what I'm talking about. A lot of snow falls, you go out and shovel it because you want to do it before it gets any heavier and then the snow plow comes and plows all the snow from the street back into your driveway. When timed correctly, a person can go out and clear the driveway before it freezes.

Over the past couple of days, we had what was forecasted to be one of the storms of the century but it went from a snowstorm to a slush fest and back to snow again creating what is known here as "heart attack snow" which is best shoveled in increments during the entire storm so you don't kill yourself at the end by trying to clear it all at once.

Sage advice that to my recent memory a person would be well served by taking and that's what I did.

This morning, after doing what I hoped was my final shoveling for a few days, I came in and had just pulled off my boots when I heard the snowplow come up the alley. Now the alley had been plowed yesterday so I was a little surprised but after a deep sigh and a cup of cocoa, I pulled my boots back on, gathered my shovel and chopper and went back out to finish one more time.

Imagine my surprise to find that the snowplow driver had deposited Ed Asner in my driveway!!




Just for comparison purposes:

Thanks snowplow guy! You made my day!!

2 comments:

  1. has Ed melted yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He didn't melt but when he realized that he had to get out of the driveway before the temperature dropped to 20 below he was kind of upset and he went totally to pieces.

    I felt bad for him so, instead of being disrespectful and just randomly tossing him in with the rest of the alley riff-raff, I put him in the back of my truck and have been showing him the city.

    ReplyDelete