Monday, May 31, 2010

Things BP's CEO Tony Hayward Says

I have decided to keep track of the things that BP's CEO Tony Hayward says.

I need an outlet. My contempt for him has quickly outpaced the arrogance he continues to display towards the rest of us.

I will be adding to this list, so please feel free to let me know in the comment section if I've missed a quote you would like to see included .

______________________


"I think we have the opportunity to set a new benchmark in industrial safety, you earn your reputation through performance." 2007 interview Houston Chronicle

"We had too many people that were working to save the world"- 05/12/09 (from a lecture he gave at the Stanford University Graduate School of Business)

“What the hell did we do to deserve this?” 04/30/10

“BP will honour all legitimate claims for business interruption” . Asked for examples of illegitimate claims, he said: “I could give you lots of examples. This is America — come on. We’re going to have lots of illegitimate claims. We all know that.” 05/05/10

“This is like the Normandy landing,” he said. “We know we are going to win. We just don’t know how quickly.” 5/06/10

"The Gulf of Mexico is a very big ocean. The amount of volume of oil and dispersant we are putting into it is tiny in relation to the total water volume" 05/14/10 (thanks to Truth247 for this one)

"In the last four or five years we have made major improvements in safety performance. It has made the company much better … Four years ago it could have been very different" 05/14/10

"I think the environmental impact of this disaster is likely to have been very, very modest. 05/18/10

“The operation is proceeding as we planned it.” 05/26/10

"The oil is on the surface, there aren't any plumes." 05/30/10

"There's no one who wants this over more than I do. I would like my life back" 05/30/10

“I’m sure they were genuinely ill, but whether it was anything to do with dispersants and oil, whether it was food poisoning or some other reason for them being ill. You know, food poisoning is clearly a big issue when you have a concentration of this number of people in temporary camps, temporary accommodation, it’s something we have to be very, very mindful of, It’s one of the big issues of keeping the army operating. You know, armies march on their stomachs.” 05/31/10

"We did not have the tools you would want in your tool-kit" 06/02/10

"It's an important milestone, but in some sense, it's just the beginning. The next 12 to 24 hours will give an indication of how successful this will be." 06/03/10 (on the 8th attempt to stop the gusher)

“My number one priority is to steer BP through this crisis, and that is exactly what I intend to do” 06/04/10

"Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me, or however the phrase goes" 06/04/10

No comments:

Post a Comment