Saturday, July 17, 2010

What is Shelfari? A Bibliophiles New Best Friend!!

Over on the right side you might have noticed I added a link to a website called Shelfari.

This is a really neat website for anyone who likes to read.

I heard about it from a friend a few weeks ago when I was griping that I had bought a book that I had read about 10 years ago because it was reissued this summer by the publisher.

I didn't realize until I started reading that this story was a wee bit familiar to me.

(Note to book publishers- When you don't mark these reissued books plainly, on the cover, especially paperbacks, so that I not only buy the book twice, but probably at twice the price I paid the first time, well that's just plain dirty, double dog, low!! Grrrrrrrr...)

Anyway, my friend told me about this free website, where I could not only keep track of the books I read, but I could, if I chose to, get into discussions with other book lovers about individual books, authors and exploring the site, find other books that would interest me that I might never have heard of.

Well, I set up my account and have found the site to be very user friendly and would like to encourage anyone who likes to read to check it out at shelfari

I've only been there a couple days but I certainly can see the value.

Another friend called it a Facebook for bibliophiles and I have to agree.

Should you sign up and want to "friend" me, just click here:

kimbers

I hope to see you there and happy reading!

1 comment: