Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Springer Spaniel Actually Caught a Bunny Rabbit Today



After taking this picture, I went in to get some chicken in the hopes that it would be more enticing.

When I came out the bunny was gone.

I'm not 100% positive, and won't be until after a couple days of poop checking, but I believe the bunny rabbit lived to feast in my garden for the rest of the summer, since there was not a trace of fur or anything else in the grass. Unless of course, my springer spaniel just swallowed it whole....

She sure looks pleased with herself doesn't she?

****Update****

I'm happy to report the baby bunny is doing fine!

After posting this on Thursday, I didn't see the bunny for the rest of the day.

Yesterday, when I put the dog out in the yard, much to my surprise, the little bunny hopped out to greet her. After picking her up (again, like a kitten) the dog and the little bunny laid down in the grass together.





While they were laying there, a crow flew in and perched on the garage. The dog, sensing that the crow might be considering making a meal of her new friend, roughly picked up the bunny and ran and stood with her in the hostas, keeping a very watchful eye on the crow until it flew away about 5 minutes later.



It would appear we have a little "Are you my Mawwwwwwmm", Babe action going on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment