Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Learning Channel

Here's a copy of the letter I sent to TLC a few minutes ago.

After many years of enjoying many shows on TLC and a general live and let live attitude about programming that doesn't interest me, yesterday's events in Arizona have driven me to ask that you cancel Sarah Palin's show.

Her (and others) endless violence filled rhetoric and mis-stating of facts, while not solely responsible, has most certainly contributed to a national climate that culminated in the shooting of the congresswoman and killing of many innocent people yesterday.

TLC used to stand for The Learning Channel, (maybe it still does even if people don't refer to it that way much anymore) and it seems to me that this is the perfect opportunity for you to live up to that name and put human decency before profit.

It's probably too late for tonight's episode but until Sarah Palin's show is cancelled, I will not be watching any shows on TLC or any of your affiliated networks, including Animal Planet, any Discovery Channel, The Military Channel and all the rest.

I will block all these channels so no one else in my household can watch them either and I will tell everyone I know exactly what I've done and why and ask them to join me.

Thank you for your consideration.

Now I know that this is only my opinion but if you would like to make your voice heard please feel free to by going to TLC's customer relations at:

http://corporate.discovery.com/contact/viewer-relations/

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment